My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I am a wife and a mother. I have a gap in my teeth and funny thumbs. I have found that life doesn't always turn out the way you plan - sometimes the best things are not planned. My husband and I met in line for a roller coaster. We eloped 2 years later and were married by a one-legged Justice of the Peace. Our sons are 9 years apart and sometimes it feels like we are still riding that roller coaster. I like to write -- and love to think even more. Life is a complicated, exciting adventure and this is me sharing it with you as I try to cross my ocean.

Friday, January 12, 2007

silent all these years
what's so amazing about really deep thoughts?
boy you best pray that I bleed real soon.
how's that thought for you?
my scream got lost in a paper cup.
you think there's a heaven -
where some screams have gone?
I got 25 bucks and a cracker -
do you think it's enough?
to get us there
cause what if I'm a mermaid
in these jeans of his
with her name still on it?
hey but I don't care.
cause sometimes,
I said sometimes,
I hear my voice -
and it's been here.
Silent All These Years...
years go by
will I still be waiting?
for somebody else to understand.
years go by
if I'm stripped of my beauty
and the orange clouds
raining in head.
years go by
will I choke on my tears
till finally there is nothing left?
one more casualty
you know we're too easy, easy, easy...
well I love the way we communicate
your eyes focus on my funny lip shape.
let's hear what you think of me now -
but baby don't look up
the sky is falling.
~tori amos

5 Comments:

Blogger Coondog said...

Wow! While scanning my own blog, I discovered yours. Although I realize it was your spouse who did the post.

Jessica, very impressive I will say! I was immediately struck my your ability to express your feelings in a beautiful fashion that seems very calm and creative. You certainly have a talent!

13/1/07 8:34 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Except, of course, that this post is some song lyrics by Tori Amos, as she notes at the end. ;P

But you knew that right? :)

13/1/07 10:20 PM  
Blogger Cicero In Pants said...

Silent all these years is a fantastic song.

I love "Little Earthquakes". The entire album is brilliant and one of my absolute favorites. I wish Tori's later work was nearly as good.

Actually maybe some is - I haven't listened to her much since I bought and hated Under the Pink.

15/1/07 12:30 PM  
Blogger Trotsky said...

What a beautiful Blog you have Jess!
What a gift to be able to express yourself so clearly and honestly....you writing shows great courage. I find comfort in the fact that there are so many with similar backgrounds that survived and found happiness.
My own childhood was nothing short of monstrous but the strength I found within myself to make through those difficult times was a gift that I draw upon to this day.Sometimes I feel that you need to taste misery in order to be able to recognize true happiness....'sometimes'.
It is a shame you got stuck with such a dolt for a husband....
Can't have everything I suppose.....now kick him in the ass and get him over here to fix this friggin computer.

15/1/07 6:02 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

thanks for sharing gene, i agree - the hard times in our life are necessary to appreciate the good ones!
as for the dolt -- haha he's not all that bad....he can fix my computer too;)

...i'll send him over!

16/1/07 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home