My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I am a wife and a mother. I have a gap in my teeth and funny thumbs. I have found that life doesn't always turn out the way you plan - sometimes the best things are not planned. My husband and I met in line for a roller coaster. We eloped 2 years later and were married by a one-legged Justice of the Peace. Our sons are 9 years apart and sometimes it feels like we are still riding that roller coaster. I like to write -- and love to think even more. Life is a complicated, exciting adventure and this is me sharing it with you as I try to cross my ocean.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

today,
i will watch the sunrise, embrace the laughter of the colours.
i will watch the smiles, listen to the whispers.
i will make life of the clouds, as they sweep the sky.
i will close my eyes while the breeze kisses my face,
i will hold every moment in my arms....

today,
i will listen to every word, wipe every tear.
i will look in your eyes while you talk to me, hold your hand while we laugh.
i will sit with you just to feel your warmth.
i will be thankful for the silence we can share.
i will love you more and open my heart....

today,
i will sit on the floor with you.
i will put away my world to play in yours.
i will laugh with you like there is no pain, no worries, no one else in the world.
i will caress your face, feel your soft skin.
i will listen to your stories, hold them in my arms, while i hold you....

today,
i will count the stars, let their diamonds light my dark.
i will make love on the warm beach, and run in the sand.
i will travel the earth, and learn to love new people.
i will live every dream, follow every fantasy.

today,
i will live.
and tomorrow....
i may not.

~jess
Jan 2006

4 Comments:

Blogger derek salmon said...

i like it. it gave me chills. i'm sorry about the loss to your loved one. xo amanda

8/1/06 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jessi...all I can say is life is short, live well. You said it better. xo Mom

9/1/06 5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica - you are extremely talented and have expressed yourself so beautifully - don't often come here but traced you thru Rach.
live it well and for Him. Elva B

4/2/06 4:10 AM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Thank you, Elva - for your kind compliment and for visiting! It's great to hear how you are doing through Rachel's blog as well!

12/2/06 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home