My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I am a wife and a mother. I have a gap in my teeth and funny thumbs. I have found that life doesn't always turn out the way you plan - sometimes the best things are not planned. My husband and I met in line for a roller coaster. We eloped 2 years later and were married by a one-legged Justice of the Peace. Our sons are 9 years apart and sometimes it feels like we are still riding that roller coaster. I like to write -- and love to think even more. Life is a complicated, exciting adventure and this is me sharing it with you as I try to cross my ocean.

Monday, October 31, 2005

remember me

sometimes a touch,
a smell,
a breeze,
brings back sweeter times.

sometimes a name,
a sound,
a song,
brings back the bitterness.

it's all i can do
but to spit it out...

and reach for the sweetness again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to show the men in the world what a true man really is. Hmm...you have it in you Garnet. Careful, your wife is letting it out to everyone. See I always knew you were a softie!
Jess, I want to be one of those women! :)
Angela

6/11/05 8:07 AM  
Blogger Jessi said...

I was so trying to figure out what the heck you were talking about until I read your comment on the last blog....I get it now.

You want to be one of those women?...does that mean Dan's never bought you flowers or does it mean that you're not softened by them when he does?? hmmmm...

8/11/05 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I meant was that I want to be one of those woman who has a husband who brings them flowers when they're wrong...and no, Dan doesn't buy flowers for me. I can only think of a couple occasions the whole 8 years we have been together. Isn't that terrible? (smiling) But if he did I certainly would be softened by them!!!! Especially if they were for saying sorry! Ang

8/11/05 6:17 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

tsk tsk, Dan ;)

8/11/05 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home