My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I am a wife and a mother. I have a gap in my teeth and funny thumbs. I have found that life doesn't always turn out the way you plan - sometimes the best things are not planned. My husband and I met in line for a roller coaster. We eloped 2 years later and were married by a one-legged Justice of the Peace. Our sons are 9 years apart and sometimes it feels like we are still riding that roller coaster. I like to write -- and love to think even more. Life is a complicated, exciting adventure and this is me sharing it with you as I try to cross my ocean.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

confessions

i have brown eyes,
i love junk food.
i love to smile,
but sometimes i can't always find a reason to.
my ass is too big,
and so are my ears.
i like being short,
until i have to reach the top shelf.
i pretend to be strong,
i'll sting you with sarcasm,
maybe that's because i can't always show
when i'm crumbling inside.

i've lied and cheated,
broken hearts and had mine broken too.
i have a gap in my teeth,
and funny thumbs.
i don't always feel beautiful,
especially when i'm around beautiful people.
i cry easily,
i laugh just as easy.
i'm passionate about love,
and just as passionate about hate.
i think too much,
and analyze everything.

i think i'm normal.
my eyes will always be brown,
and i'll always try to smile.
but maybe my ass wouldn't be so big,
if i didn't love junk food.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

13/10/05 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simly amazing how you get it all into words!
Angela

6/11/05 8:09 AM  
Blogger Lisa's Diet said...

Hi there, your poems reminded me of being at a poetry jam in a cafe in New York this month, it was one of my favorite moments there.
So if you ever have the chance to attend a poetry jam I think you'd like it.
http://www.nuyorican.org/ Here's the site of the place I visited.

8/3/06 12:06 AM  
Blogger Jessi said...

thanks lisa, that's sweet of you - i love poetry and would probably love to attend a poetry jam as well! thanks for stopping by :)

24/3/06 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home