My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I am a wife and a mother. I have a gap in my teeth and funny thumbs. I have found that life doesn't always turn out the way you plan - sometimes the best things are not planned. My husband and I met in line for a roller coaster. We eloped 2 years later and were married by a one-legged Justice of the Peace. Our sons are 9 years apart and sometimes it feels like we are still riding that roller coaster. I like to write -- and love to think even more. Life is a complicated, exciting adventure and this is me sharing it with you as I try to cross my ocean.

Friday, January 12, 2007

perfect girl

paperdolls
we all
go
down
like dominoes

when i become

just
like
them

empty
perfect shape
touch
my
hair
my
lips
my
manicured
hands

i am perfect

because
i
can be

until you see me

standing
by
myself

i am taken by the wind
taken down

i am perfect

i look perfect

but i am nothing

inside
me

a paperdoll

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

This continues the direction you took on "settle" - but even farther: even shorter lines and words. However, it still conveys volumes through the sparsity. Not easy to do.

12/1/07 10:51 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

thanks jer....it's one of those things that gets to me. those girls with beauty but no depth - paperdolls just comes to mind.

13/1/07 9:44 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Ah, but no depth = no beauty.

...at least, using the true definition.

It's a striking image; usually people use things like straw men or hollow things when they're trying to capture the idea of people with no substance.

13/1/07 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home