My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I am a wife and a mother. I have a gap in my teeth and funny thumbs. I have found that life doesn't always turn out the way you plan - sometimes the best things are not planned. My husband and I met in line for a roller coaster. We eloped 2 years later and were married by a one-legged Justice of the Peace. Our sons are 9 years apart and sometimes it feels like we are still riding that roller coaster. I like to write -- and love to think even more. Life is a complicated, exciting adventure and this is me sharing it with you as I try to cross my ocean.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

settle

settle this,
inspite of you.
wake,
to the light.
look around,
preoccupied.
can't ignore,
to find.
lower expectations.
lessen your fall.
settle this.
inspite it all.
you.
need it.
you're beautiful...
and needed.
want it.
settle this.
settle you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Really different stylistically from the stuff you've posted before. Short words, short lines... feels like you're relaying state-of-consciousness, or at least "train-of-thought".

Plus, it captures the way most of us feel when we just want to resolve something... so it hits hard.

4/1/07 1:33 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

yeah it's a bit different.
it's actually from a while ago - and i found it in an old journal.....it seems to apply to some things in my life and hit again. i changed a few things and posted it - i can never just leave the old ones alone without changing them!

4/1/07 3:39 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Yeah, most of my stuff has been revised for a few days before it ever sees the light of blogger.

Especially stuff I find in old journals... it's funny how bad some of it was in terms of actual writing, even when it had good concepts that I can use now.

4/1/07 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home