My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I am a wife and a mother. I have a gap in my teeth and funny thumbs. I have found that life doesn't always turn out the way you plan - sometimes the best things are not planned. My husband and I met in line for a roller coaster. We eloped 2 years later and were married by a one-legged Justice of the Peace. Our sons are 9 years apart and sometimes it feels like we are still riding that roller coaster. I like to write -- and love to think even more. Life is a complicated, exciting adventure and this is me sharing it with you as I try to cross my ocean.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

she

you see my scars and they scare you
i see your wall and i cry
love me like i need to be loved
love me like you want to be loved
no conditions
no restrictions
no cold, mindless, slaps in my face -
for just being me
because
scars, wounds and all -
it's all me
i will never be her
i have jagged edges
dirty hands
and a big mouth
i break the branches to clear the trail
she pushes them aside gently
and saves their sweet fragrance for later
i watch the sunset and want to know why it's orange
where is the purple from?
she just basks in the beauty
i run
stumble and fall and get back up just to trip again
she cautiously marks out her journey
i like the dirt on my face
i like the bruises
they remind me that i have lived
and i have lived well
and i will show my scars
i will not hide -
from you
again
it's a lonely road you travel
giving love and taking it away
afraid to get close
afraid they won't like what they see
guarded
restricted
conditional

it's a cold love you give
protecting yourself -
from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home